Complete Applications must be
RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 5 p.m. FEBRUARY 28, 2020.
Email all applications to email@example.com
Application will not be reviewed unless they contains ALL of the following:
- Application Signature form signed. (Typed in Signature will not be accepted. Print the form, collect signatures, scan and submit)
- OFFICIAL school transcript.
- Must include Final Fall grades and enrolled Spring semester classes
- If your biology/chemistry course was taken at a community college, an unofficial transcript with your final grade must be included
- Do NOT Send a link to Parchment to download the transcript. Send it to yourself, download the PDF and forward that along with your application
- List of science/computer and/or math skills
- NOT TO EXCEED ONE PAGE.
- Additional Completed Testing Scores (SAT Scores, AP Scores)
- Description of work, volunteer experiences, honors, and other activities. (Bullet points are recommended)
- NOT TO EXCEED ONE PAGE.
- Examples: science fairs, volunteering, work, after-school activities, internships, other opportunities, and honors.
- Include duration/time commitment as well as description of acronyms, activities, and duties performed.
- Written Essays (COMBINED, ALL ESSAYS ARE NOT TO EXCEED TWO PAGES, Arial font size 12)
- *ESSAY 1 – Personal Statement: Please summarize the reasons that you are applying for this program, what you hope to gain by participating in YSFP, and how it fits into your future educational and career objectives. Please be sure to include any previous experiences and how they have contributed to or influenced your interest/motivation to pursue science. (1,000 word maximum).
- *ESSAY 2 – Diversity Statement: At UC Irvine, the CRI is committed to increasing the diversity (broadly defined) of students pursuing degrees in science. Please describe how your interests and background (in terms of culture, race, gender, ethnicity, work and life experiences) would contribute to that diversity and why diversity is important for a research team and in science. (300 word maximum).
- (Optional) ESSAY 3 – Additional Information: Please feel free to provide any additional information you would like the admissions committee to know as we review your application (200 word maximum).
- *Required Essay
- Letter of support/recommendation from a high school teacher who can describe the applicant’s lab experience and skill level (letter must be emailed separately from the application by the teacher from school email address to firstname.lastname@example.org with the students name in the subject line of the email
- The faculty member you choose to write your letter of recommendation is also the one who completes the signature on the application page.
- EVERYTHING MUST BE EMAILED in PDF FORMAT. PAPER COPY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ONCE A STUDENT IS ADMITTED TO THE PROGRAM, THEY WILL NEED: